Your parent’s migration process

Finally you moved to Australia, settled down: found a job / bought home and relaxed. The next question that usually rises for immigrants is the relocation of parents.

I would like to share with you my expert experience on this topic in order to protect you from mistakes and loss of time in search of valuable information. So my recommendations are:

– First, arrange a temporary stay for your parents on Visitor visa 600. In the application, you can ask the Department to consider a standard stay of 3 months or longer for 12 months.

– if you are already a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, you can request permission for a period of stay  up to 1 year for 3 years visa duration. The inconvenience of this visa is that after every 12 months spent in Australia your parent must leave and is allowed to come back only after 6 months.

– 870 parent temporary visa opens up the possibility for your parents to stay in Australia for 3 or 5 years. This type of visa requires formal sponsorship – the sponsor must stay in Australia for at least 4 years, and also have income of 83,454.80 AUD and above for the last financial year. You can provide proof of personal or family income, taking into account certain rules.

– There are several types of visas for parents, depending on the age of the parents. For visas of subclasses 143,173, 804, 864, the income of the sponsor’s family or financial guarantor is considered for approval of sponsorship.

If you would like to bring your parents or you have questions in connection with your individual case, you can book consultation with me.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones!

Look at the Parents visa summary in tables:

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Using the site, you consent to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.