Western Australia. Migration program updates
Recently, Western Australia announced changes for the Skilled Migration Program 2022-2023. The waiver is intended to support professionals who wish to migrate to WA.
Here the changes are announced:
- Expanded in the skilled occupation lists by 60% (you will find it on my website)
- Waived the $200 application fee
- Removal of the requirement to demonstrate sufficient funds for WA State nomination.
- Reduction in the English requirements for applicants at the Manager and Professional occupation level to the “competent” level of English.
- Changes to the document requirements for the WASMOL Schedule 1&2 and the Graduate Occupation lists based on the visa the applicant is being nominated for
Would you like to get a FREE assessment for a skilled visa?
You can find out whether your case meets the conditions of a skilled visa RIGHT NOW! Please complete the express assessment form below and receive expert migration advice for free!
Let me remind you that a significant number of nominations was allocated for skilled visas under Western Australian nomination: 5,350 places for SC190 visas and 2,790 places SC 491 visas.
A visa applicant can be nominated in one of two streams:
- General stream – candidates living in Australia and overseas (Schedule 1 and Schedule 2),
- Graduate stream from state-accredited educational institutions.
Invitations for both migration streams will be issued based on the following preferences:
- Applicants residing in Western Australia
- Applicants living in other states of Australia
- Applicants from overseas
Invitations are anticipated to be issued in the third week of each month.
The number of invitations issued each month may vary depending on the number of applications being processed by WA Migration Services.
- The list has been expanded to 90 occupations available for nomination for 190 and/or 491 visas
- It is necessary to prove at least 1 year of work experience in the nominated (or close to it) profession for the last 10 years.
- The 190 visa will require a full-time contract from a Western Australian employer for the next 6 months in a nominated or closely related occupation.
- The list has been expanded to 189 professions available for nomination for 190 and/or 491 visas
- For this stream, you do not need to prove working experience
- However, if you are applying for a 190 visa, you will be required to provide a full-time contract from a Western Australian employer for the next 6 months in a nominated or closely related occupation.
- The list has been expanded to 331 occupations.
- The stream is aimed at candidates who have received at least 2 years of education from an accredited educational institution in Western Australia, including universities, the VET sector and English language courses.
- You will not have to prove work experience or provide an employment contract.
- However, the applicant must provide proof of two years of living and study in Western Australia.
You can ask me questions at any time for free. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your migration issues!
OUR SPECIAL POST-PAYMENT OFFER
Taking this opportunity, I also want to remind you about our special post-payment offer! Pay fees for a migration agent after results are received – an invitation to apply for a visa!