Visitor visas is a group of temporary visas that allow you to visit Australia. There are several types of visitor visas. When choosing a type of visa, you should take into account your goals, the country of your passport (citizenship) and your other personal circumstances.
Often, tourist visas are used not only for travel, but also for a strategic purpose. For example, to get to know the country and personally assess the individual prospects for immigration to Australia.
Clients often contact us in order to get qualified migration advice and plan your migration journey. Step by step, following the developed individual strategic plan, future migrants use their tourism experience in Australia in order to maximize the use of all migration opportunities.
What purposes is a tourist visa suitable for?
We recommend the use of visitor visas for the following short-term tasks:
- Choosing an educational institution for further study
- Short courses (up to 3 months), for example, English courses
- Qualification exams (e.g. NAATI, license exams)
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and conferences
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Meeting with future partner and relatives
- Meeting with business partners and discussion of business planning
- Search for an employer and discussion of the terms of the contract
Visitor Visa limitations and conditions:
There is no opportunity to work on visitor visa in Australia, any employment is strictly prohibited.
You may come across several additional restrictions on the visa, such as 8503, 8534 or 8535. In some cases, you can remove visa conditions (link to the page about removing restrictions).
How to apply for a visitor visa to Australia?
You must provide a specific list of documents to the Department of Home Affairs for an Australian visa:
- you will need to prove your intention to return to your country within the prescribed period of time,
- Confirm your intentions for tourism, student or business trip purposes,
- documented financial evidence of funds required to secure your stay in Australia,
- you may need to confirm your good health and financial viability
Recommendations for obtaining a visitor visa to Australia:
- We recommend you to arrange your health insurance during your stay in Australia. The Australian Medicare System will not cover your medical or accident costs
- It is not recommended to buy tickets or book hotels until you receive a visa decision. Please note that a return ticket does not guarantee an approved entry visa to Australia.
- When submitting a bank statement to confirm your financial viability, pay attention to a reasonable ratio of savings and incoming cash flow (for example, a certificate of employment or an extract from a pension fund to confirm your income) in order not to rise the officer’s suspicion that the information is false / misleading.
- Pay attention to all the information that you declare in a visa application, the Department of Home Affairs reserves the right to verify all information about you, including social media accounts, and in case of discrepancies, you may be refused and barred from entering Australia for 3 years.
We can assist you with documentation for visitor visas, taking into account all your circumstances and future plans, such as migration, business, training.
Types of visitor visas to Australia
Visitor visa SC 651.
Visa 651 eVisitor has multi-entry, issued for 12 months with the possibility of a one-time stay for up to 3 months. This visa is issued without restrictions on subsequent lodgement of another Australian visa. You must be a holder of certain passport (citizenship) (a separate document with a list of countries)
Visitor visa SC 601
Visa 651 Electronic Travel Authority has multi-entry, issued for 12 months with the possibility of a one-time stay for up to 3 months. This visa is issued without restrictions on lodgement of another Australian visa. You must be a holder of certain passport (citizenship)(a separate document with a list of countries).
Visitor visa SC 600 Tourist stream
A tourist visa can be issued for a period of 3, 6 and 12 months of stay, both with single and multi-entry. This visa may have restrictions to apply for a subsequent visa in Australia.
Visitor visa SC 600 Business stream
A visitor visa for business purposes can be issued for a period of 3, 6 and 12 months of stay, both with single and multi-entry. The validity of the visa will depend on your goals. This visa may have restrictions to apply for a subsequent visa in Australia.
Visitor visa SC 600 Sponsored family stream.
A visa sponsored by a relative can be issued for up to 12 months of stay, usually with a single-entry visit. This visa will have mandatory conditions to restrict subsequent application for a visa in Australia.
The visa must be sponsored by a relative who lives in Australia and is an eligible relative. A relative living in Australia takes formal sponsorship obligations. The Department of Home Affairs may ask to deposit a cash bond (from 5,000 AUD to 15,000 AUD) to secure your stay in Australia. The bond will be returned if the conditions of the visa are met and the applicant left Australia on time.