Partner visas assume that you are in a sincere, honest and genuine relationship with a partner who has a permanent residence visa / Australian citizenship or is an eligible New Zealand citizen. You may be able to apply for permanent residence subject to certain criteria.
Partner visas to Australia do not imply age restrictions and are divided into two stages:
The first stage is a temporary Partner visa subclass 820 or 309 (depending on the applicant’s location – Australia or overseas).
The second stage is a permanent visa subclass 801 or 100, which is granted to the applicant in 2 years based on ongoing relationship evidence.
The following categories of relationships are considered partners:
- relationship for 12 months (de facto)
- officially registered marriage
- officially registered civil relations (allowed in some states of Australia)
- same-sex relationships for 12 months, registered or not
Would you like to get a FREE assessment for a Partner visa?
You can find out whether your case meets the visa conditions RIGHT NOW! Please complete the express assessment form below and receive expert migration advice for free!
Partner visas – a comprehensive system of two-staged visas.
Partner visa scheme for many potential migrants may seem the most affordable and fastest, however, it is under special control by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Most visas require comprehensive evidence of the ongoing and genuine relationship and very often a simple fact of marriage is not enough. Migration officers of the Department of Home Affairs will check your intentions to continue the relationship, objectivity, and awareness of your decisions, guided by rules and regulations, as well as obvious logic.
- One of the conditions for a Partner visa is sponsorship by an Australian partner, who agrees to provide financial support to the visa applicant for a certain time.
- Partners must be adults, must not break the law, and also live together and not live separately on a permanent basis.
- The sponsor’s criminal record must not contain any offences related to domestic violence. The applicant’s health must meet certain criteria.
- The applicant has the opportunity to include his children in the visa application.
How to prove a relationship when applying for a partner visa in Australia:
At the time of application, you are expected to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate an ongoing and genuine relationship. This evidence should show the development and period of your relationship. We understand that each and every relationship are different, therefore your evidence will be unique.
There is a list of generic evidence to confirm the relationship (as an example): joint bank accounts, photographs and correspondence, joint mailing address and residential address, joint loans, and assets, common children, as well as recognition of your relations by your relatives and friends. When considering your application, additional evidence may be requested.
Online relationships do not satisfy the Department criteria.
The Department does not process Partner visa applications quickly. According to official statistics, a processing period could be from 11 to 28 months.
However, our internal statistics indicate that we were able to reduce the time for considering Partner visa cases by 30% !!!
It is possible because of our special way to provide a “decision-ready application”, which is a part of the comprehensive case preparation. Our submitted migration cases are ready for officer decision, do not provide additional concerns or further information requests.
Would you like to know more about our Migration Agent professional fees and Visa charges?
Please take a moment to complete this form and leave some details about your migration matter.
Visa application and immigration processes could be confusing for many potential candidates. Yulia Moiseeva & Associates team is ready to help you find the right solution for your situation at any stage of your visa process, whether it’s initial advice, completing an application, or a visa appeal.
To clarify questions about your migration case and to realize your migration pathways, please book a consultation with Yulia Moisseva, the best migration agent on the Gold Coast.
There are the following visas for partners coming to Australia
A temporary visa for those who intend to enter into an official relationship with a partner who is a holder of a permanent residence visa / Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
A mandatory requirement will be meeting each other at least once in real life, as well as a decision on the day of your wedding.
After the subclass 300 visa is granted, you will have to marry within 9-15 months and apply for an 820/801 partner visa. In this case, the government fees will be reduced to re-apply for a partner visa after marriage.
This temporary partner visa will allow you to make the transition to a permanent residence visa after 2 years from the date you apply.
Simply providing a marriage certificate is not enough, you must have a proven genuine relationship with a permanent residence visa holder, an Australian citizen, or a New Zealand citizen of a certain category.
The application is lodged from outside Australia.
A temporary partner visa that will allow you to transit to a permanent residence visa after 2 years from the date you apply.
You must have a genuine relationship with the holder of a permanent residence visa / Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen. Simply providing a marriage certificate is not enough.
Documents are submitted from Australia and while you wait for a decision, you will receive a temporary Bridging visa A or BVA, which will give you full working rights and full Medicare health insurance.
These permanent residency visas may be applied for in Australia 2 years after the submission date for a temporary partner visa of subclass 309 or 820.
In this case, you must have sufficient evidence of a continuing relationship with an Australian partner.
A permanent visa will lead you to Australian citizenship.
This is a temporary visa for partners of New Zealand citizens. A visa is issued for 5 years, with no direct transition to a permanent visa.
To apply for such a temporary partner visa, a proven genuine relationship is required. Simply providing a marriage certificate is not enough.
The application can be lodged from Australia or outside Australia. This visa can also be extended even when your relationship has ended.
- Under certain circumstances, you can get a permanent visa even if the relationship partner ended. Such exceptional cases may be a common child or the fact of domestic violence.
- For same-sex couples, it is important to consider that marriages in another country may not be recognized in Australia as valid and documents must be submitted through civil relations or through another category.
- Marriages between close relatives are prohibited, relationships are allowed no closer than with cousins.
- In Australia, polygamy is prohibited. Such marriages will also be invalidated
You can ask me questions at any time.
Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your migration issues!