This Temporary Activity visa started from 04/04/2020 and was created in response to COVID-19. New type of visa allows applicants to stay in Australia lawfully and work until they can return to their home country.
This visa is designed for holders of temporary visas who have the appropriate skills and can perform work in critical sectors including, but not limited to, healthcare, disability and aged care and agriculture during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This visa has zero government fees for all kind of applicants.
Visa SC 408 is suitable for applicants who:
· located in Australia at application time and unable to leave Australia due to COVID-19
· the holder of a temporary visa that is 28 days or less from ceasing to be in effect
· was the holder of a temporary visa that ceased to be in effect not more than 28 days before the application for a Subclass 408 visa is madeunable to make a valid application or meet a visa of the same Subclass as their previous visa
· а temporary visa of any other Subclass other than a Subclass 408 visa.
Holders of Temporary Activity visa SC 408 for COVID-19
· can stay in Australia if you do not have other options and you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.· can remain in Australia to assist in critical sectors, including healthcare, aged care and agriculture due to COVID-19 pandemic.